Port Colborne Public Library welcomes back our patrons!
Beginning August 4, the Library is pleased to welcome back our patrons for browsing, computer access and use of printers. Curbside pick-up will continue.
- Browsing is available Tuesday to Thursday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment or walk-in by capacity.
- Curbside pick-up is available Tuesday to Thursday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment only.
Computer access is available Fridays 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment.
In-library procedure updates include:
- Staff will greet you at the door and will ask health-screening questions.
- Bring your mask. Patrons visiting the Library are requested to wear masks as per the Niagara Region Face Covering By-Law. Library staff wear masks.
- You will need to bring your library card to help us check out your items quickly and safely. If you don’t have a card yet or need a replacement, we’re happy to get you a new one.
- Patrons and staff are expected to practice physical distancing and we have floor markings to help protect your space.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols are in place. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building for patrons and staff.
- We have carefully evaluated maximum collection capacity to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Computers and common areas are also spaced to accommodate physical distancing and protection, including Mylar barriers at staff service desks.
- Items must be returned to the book drop which is available 24/7.
- Returned items are quarantined for 96 hours before being checked in. It may take a few days for the update to be reflected on your account.
- In-person programs and room rentals are not yet available.
- Don’t forget to check out our collection of digital resources. You can learn a new language, try out an online course, download a digital magazine RB Digital, watch an Indie flick, or enjoy an awesome online concert from Qello, or British television from ACORNTV. All free with your Port Colborne Public Library card.
If you need additional help, call 905-834-6512 to chat with staff, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.