“And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and Autumn was awakened.” – Raquel Franco
*Note – The Library will be closed, Wednesday, September 18, 2019, due to construction.
- The third installment of our Let’s Talk series, Youth Suicide Prevention, is scheduled and tickets are now available. Wednesday, September 25, from 6:30-8:30 pm in the Library Atrium. Tickets are free, we ask that you call or drop by to reserve your tickets for seating.
- Don’t forget our Seed Library! Was your garden any better than the Library’s? Our bean plants got eaten, very shortly after the seeds were planted. Our peas were eaten by some critter, and now we are just waiting on our tomatoes to ripen, we have lots of those!
From your garden at home, now is the time to set aside any vegetables, or plants that you are going to save seeds from, so that you can bring some seeds back to the Library to replenish our seed stock.
- *NEW – Story-time with Shelly – Join us every Saturday in September for Story Time with storyteller Shelly! 10:30-11:30 am. All ages welcome. Drop-in.
- Tot Time starts again, Thursdays, from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. Cost is $1.00, ages 2-5 with parent or caretaker. This session begins September 19 and runs through to December 12, 2019, pre-registration is required.
- Friday, September 13, is an Early Release Day for DSBN students. Falling Leaves with Margaret is scheduled for 2:00-3:00, ages 6 & up, $3.00.